Copper Creek Golf Group Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
Statement of Commitment
Copper Creek Golf Group is dedicated to providing an accessible and inclusive experience for all patrons, including people with disabilities, when accessing Copper Creek Golf Group services, information or facilities. We are committed to providing people with disabilities the same opportunity to access our goods and services in a way that respects their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and Ontario’s accessibility laws.
As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (IASR).
As part of Copper Creek Golf Group’s commitment to persons with disabilities and as outlined by IASR, Copper Creek Golf Group will:
- Review and update Copper Creek Golf Group’s Multi Year Accessibility Plan every 5 years
- Report progress in meeting the commitments outlined in this plan on an annual basis
- Review and update Copper Creek Golf Group’s Multi Year Accessibility in consultation with persons with disabilities
- Post this plan in a format meets accessibility requirements and, where request, provide a version in an alternate format to accommodate a user with disabilities who cannot consume the content in the current accessible format
Copper Creek Golf Group maintains an Accessibility Plan outlining the company’s strategy to prevent and remove barriers from its workplace and to improve opportunities for persons with disabilities. The Accessibility Plan is reviewed and updated at least once every five years, and is kept posted on our website below.
This Multi Year Accessibility Plan, as mandated through the AODA, outlines Copper Creek Golf Group’s strategy to prevent and remove barriers for persons with disabilities and to meet its requirements under the IASR. Copper Creek Golf Group will champion and drive accessibility within the organization to ensure the organization meets or exceeds compliance as legislated by the AODA.
Copper Creek Golf Group’s Multi Year Accessibility Plan outlines how Copper Creek Golf Group will fulfil its commitment to accessibility under the following standards:
- Notice of Temporary Disruption
- Design of Spaces
Copper Creek Golf Group will ensure that training is provided on the requirements of the accessibility standards referred to in the Regulation and continue to provide training on the Human Rights Code as it pertains to persons with disabilities, to:
- all its employees and volunteers;
- all persons who participate in developing Copper Creek Golf Group, policies; and,
- all other persons who provide goods, services or facilities on behalf of the company
The training will be appropriate to the duties of the employees, volunteers and other persons.
As reflected in Ontario Regulation 429/07, regardless of the format, training will cover the following:
- A review of the purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
- A review of the requirements of the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07.
- Instructions on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- Instructions on how to interact with people with disabilities who:
- use assistive devices;
- require the assistance of a guide dog, service dog or other service animal; or
- require the use of a support person (including the handling of admission fees)
- Instructions on how to use equipment or devices that are available at our premises or that we provide that may help people with disabilities.
- Instructions on what to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing our services.
- Copper Creek Golf Group’s policies, procedures and practices pertaining to providing accessible customer service to customers with disabilities.
Employees will be trained when changes are made to the accessibility policy. New employees will be trained within 30 days of commencing their duties.
Copper Creek Golf Group will keep a record of the training it provides.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
Service disruptions may occur due to reasons that may or may not be within the control or knowledge of Copper Creek Golf Group. In the event of any temporary disruptions to facilities or services that customers with disabilities rely on to access or use Copper Creek Golf Group’s goods or services, reasonable efforts will be made to provide advance notice. In some circumstances such as in the situation of unplanned temporary disruptions, advance notice may not be possible.
Notifications will Include:
In the event that a notification needs to be posted the following information will be included unless it is not readily available or known:
- goods or services that are disrupted or unavailable
- reason for the disruption
- anticipated duration
- a description of alternative services or options
When disruptions occur Copper Creek Golf Group will provide notice by:
- posting notices in conspicuous places including at the point of disruption, at the main entrance and the nearest accessible entrance to the service disruption and/or on Copper Creek Golf Group websites;
- contacting customers with appointments;
- verbally notifying customers when they are making a reservation or appointment; or
- by any other method that may be reasonable under the circumstances.
Copper Creek Golf Group notifies employees and the public about the availability of accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process.
Recruitment Assessment or Selection Process
Copper Creek Golf Group notifies job applicants, when they are individually selected to participate further in an assessment or selection process, that accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
If a selected applicant requests an accommodation, Copper Creek Golf Group will consult with the applicant and provide, or arrange for the provision of, a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Notice to Successful Applicants
When making offers of employment, Copper Creek Golf Group notifies the successful applicant of its policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
Informing Employees of Supports
Copper Creek Golf Group will continue to inform its employees of its policies (and any updates to those policies) used to support employees with disabilities, including policies on the provision of job accommodations that take into account an employee’s accessibility needs due to disability. This information is provided to new employees as soon as practicable after commencing employment.
Accessible Formats and Communication Supports for Employees
Upon the request of an employee with a disability, Copper Creek Golf Group will consult with the employee to provide, or arrange for the provision of, accessible formats and communication supports for information that is needed to perform his/her job, and information that is generally available to other employees.
In determining the suitability of an accessible format or communication support, Copper Creek Golf Group will consult with the employee making the request.
Workplace Emergency Response Information
Copper Creek Golf Group will provide individualized workplace emergency response information to employees who have a disability, if the disability is such that the individualized information is necessary, and if Copper Creek Golf Group is aware of the need for accommodation due to the employee’s disability. Copper Creek Golf Group will provide this information as soon as practicable after becoming aware of the need for accommodation.
Where the employee requires assistance, Copper Creek Golf Group will, with the consent of the employee, provide the workplace emergency response information to the person designated by Copper Creek Golf Group to provide assistance to the employee.
Copper Creek Golf Group will review the individualized workplace emergency response information when the employee moves to a different location in the organization, when the employee’s overall accommodation needs or plans are reviewed.
Documented Individual Accommodation Plans
Copper Creek Golf Group has a written process to develop individual accommodation plans for employees.
If requested, information regarding accessible formats and communications supports provided will also be included in individual accommodation plans.
In addition, the plans will include individualized workplace emergency response information (where required) and will identify any other accommodation that is to be provided.
Return to Work Process
Copper Creek Golf Group maintains a documented return to work process for its employees who have been absent from work due to a disability and who require disability-related accommodation in order to return to work.
Design of Public Spaces
Copper Creek Golf Group will meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces.
Public spaces include outdoor paths of travel, like sidewalks, ramps, stairs, and curb ramps around the main clubhouse and the turf facility.